Do you have what it takes to be a great mentor?
- Make communicating with students a priority by sending a minimum of two project focused messages per week to their mentee(s) through the secure message area on Mentored Pathways's website
- Draw out the interests and natural abilities of their mentees and allow them to look at who they are from a fresh and professional perspective
- Convey hope about the future to their students
- Are excellent problem solvers and help their students learn to overcome obstacles
- Work closely with the teacher to maximize the progress their student is making on the project and as a person
- Submit a survey at the end of each project.
- Contact Mentored Pathways staff if you need help or for any emergency regarding you or your student.
- Share the impact of the program on themselves as professionals and encourage coworkers to participate.
Mentor Application Steps